Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Right, The Wrong, and the Sort Of

Week one is almost over. What a Sunday that was. So many games ending within just one possession. It made for some very exciting games.

Those of you that heard me out on who to avoid and who get grab should be thanking me... for the most part. Here are my predictions at the beginning of the season and how they look after week 1.

The Right


Stevan Ridley - I told everyone to stay away from Stevan Ridley in my "Have Not's" blog. And what happened? Exactly what I said was going to happen! Ridley has a fumble and less caries than another running back on his own team (Vereen). He only 2 more than the third string running back (Blount). I predict Vereen and Blount will continue to take playing time away from Ridley. He should not be trusted as a number 1 fantasy running back.

Dez Bryant - Stay away from him, I said. Round 2 is way too early to draft him, I said. Miles Austin will cut into his playing time, I said. I hope you listened to me. Bryant had 4 receptions for 22 yards and no touchdowns. That is good for 4th on his team in receptions and 5th in receiving yards. Miles Austin, however, had 10 receptions for 72 yards. Anyone who drafted Dez Bryant before AJ Green or Matt Forte are regretting it now, and will continue to do so throughout the season.

Danny Amendola - I've been grabbing Amendola usually 5th or 6th round. Way too many people let Amendola slide far down the draft. He is so talented and is Brady's number one receiver. That means he is at worse an average WR1 or a great WR2 in any fantasy league. Today he had 10 receptions for 104 yards. Brady will continue to throw the ball to him often.


The Wrong

Zach Sudfelt - I encouraged drafting Zach Sudfeld. I believe this isn't too bad because I suggested drafting him no earlier than round 11, so he's not a huge loss. However,  I was wrong about him being a starting TE in 10 team leagues. He failed to score any fantasy points today. I personally am keeping him for a few more weeks to see if he will turn around. He will be on the bench however. I will be starting someone else next week.


The Sort Of

The Denver Receivers - I stayed away from Denver's receivers because I knew they would either all be mediocre, or someone would get left out. And low and behold, Eric Decker was left out. Even on a night Peyton Manning threw for 465 yards and 7 touchdown, Decker only have 2 receptions for 32 yards. So those of you who drafted Decker... you should have listened to me. I expect Peyton to continue to leave him out of the loop, and look first for other targets.

Demaryius Thomas and Welker, on the other hand, were fantastic. I expect them to continue to do well. Thomas is a great WR1 and Welker will be a great WR2 or even a WR1. Those of you who drafted Thomas or Welker... Good thing you didn't listen to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment